Homemade Bang Bang Tofu is the perfect side dish or a whole snack! Crispy tofu made in the air fryer is coated in a delicious homemade bang bang sauce. This is a great healthy, high protein & vegetarian spin on one of my favourites, bang bang shrimp.
What is Bang Bang Tofu?
If you’ve been to Bonefish Grill of P.F . Changs, you’ve probably tried their finger licking good Bang Bang Shimp (or “Dynamite Shrimp”). A very special follower who’s been with me since the beginning days of EatsByRamya requested that I make a healthier, vegetarian version of this recipe and I couldn’t resist a Bang Bang Tofu!
But I personally HATE cauliflower so I decided to try it with tofu instead. I like to think of Tofu as a blank canvas, it’s only as good as the recipe you use to prepare it. I personally love to cook with tofu, especially to make my Chipotle Sofritas. I’m very pleased with how delicious this turned out without any oil, frying or hassle!
Some Ways To Use It
- Enjoy it as an appetizer!
- Add it to tacos or lettuce wraps for a fun twist.
- Mix in some veggies to the tofu & sauce to serve alongside noodles or fried rice.
- Spice up your salads by adding in the Bang Bang Tofu and save some of the extra sauce to use as a salad dressing.
Link to my Tofu PresserPrint
- 1 block tofu
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Bang Bang Sauce (yields ½ cup sauce)
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt plain and nonfat
- 3 tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- Prepare the Tofu : Drain the tofu and press it for 20 minutes. You can either use a tofu press or wrap it in a towel and place something heavy on top of it like a cast iron skillet. (I like to press it for up to 2-3 hours to get it extra crispy). Cut the tofu into cubes.
- In a bowl, add the tofu, soy sauce, garlic powder and cornstarch. Toss until coated. To make the tofu crispy either Airfry or Bake at 400F for 5-7 minutes or fry. (Keep in mind, the nutrition info is based on airfrying or baking.)
- Prepare the Sauce : In a bowl, mix together all the Bang Bang Sauce ingredients.
- Toss the crispy tofu in the sauce and serve as is, or with chopped green onion on top!
- Cook Time: 20