These are THE chocolate chip cookies for you to bring to your holiday parties this year. They’ve got a warm, deep flavor profile from the brown butter and loads of chocolate chunks to make it extra chocolatey.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp water
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1–1.5 cups of Chocolate Chunks, chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Sea Salt, for topping
- Brown the butter : on a medium saucepan melt the butter and keep stirring until the butter turns brown. Once the butter starts to bubble keep an eye on it – it happens fast! There are plenty of videos on YouTube if it’s your first time browning butter.
- Add the brown butter, 1 tbsp water, brown sugar and white sugar and mix well, then beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Add the wet butter and sugar mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Stir in roughly chopped chocolate or chocolate chips. Chill the dough for 1 hour. Scoop 12 balls and bake for 10-14 minutes at 375F.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me @eatsbyramya or DM me a picture & let me know how it went!