These healthy baked Jalapeño Poppers are filled with a delicious, creamy mixture of cream cheese, greek yogurt and spices. They are super easy to make and feed a crowd whether you are making it for a party or just a fun snack!
Why I love Jalapeño Poppers
The appetizer table is undoubtedly the best part of any dinner party. In my opinion, the whole dinner party should just be appetizers anyways! That’s why the Superbowl is one of my favorite parties of the year. You read that right, I said favorite party and not favorite game. I’m not a big sports person and I couldn’t care less about which teams are playing the superbowl this year. What I do care about, is all the yummy finger foods and appetizers that fill up the table! Superbowl Sunday seems to be the one acceptable party of the year to just serve appetizers – with no main course. You better believe that these Baked Jalapeno Poppers deserve a spot on that appetizer table this year!
There’s something about the combination of spicy jalapenos with a slightly tangy cream cheese filling, topped with crunchy breadcrumbs that just hits the spot. Every. Single. Time. These are super addictive and people will definitely come back for more – so make enough! Not to mention, each jalapeno popper is 37 calories.
How to Make Vegetarian Jalapeño Poppers
- Making the creamy mixture that we use to fill the jalapenos is as easy as mixing together cream cheese, Greek yogurt and pantry spices.
- I like to scoop out all the jalapeno seeds with a spoon. If you would like your jalapeno poppers extra spicy, you can some of the seed back into the cream cheese mixture. I don’t recommend doing this for parties!
- Then, scoop the filling into the jalapenos and top with cheddar cheese & breadcrumbs.
How to Prevent Jalapeño Burn
When working with the jalapenos, make sure to glove up! The seeds in the jalapenos can potentially make your fingers sting. And if you’ve ever experiencing the horrible feeling of touching something spicy and then rubbing your eyes, you know skipping this step is not worth the consequences.
What You Need
- Fresh Jalapeños
- Whipped or Low Fat Cream Cheese
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Seasonings (If you don’t have any of the listed ones, feel free to experiment!)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Panko Breadcrumbs
Level Up Your Appetizer Table
Planned to make jalapeno poppers? Why stop there? Here are a few more easy, delicious appetizers to add to the spread:Print
These Healthy Baked Jalapeno Poppers are filled with a delicious, creamy mixture of cream cheese, Greek yogurt and spices. They are super easy to make and feed a crowd!
- 12 fresh jalapenos
- ½ cup Low Fat Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Prepare the Jalapenos: For this step, I recommend wearing gloves to avoid the stinging from the seeds. Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise (from the stem, downwards). Use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds.
- Make the Creamy Filling: In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients under “Creamy Filling” and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Assemble the Jalapeno Poppers: Place the jalapenos on a baking sheet with the cut open side face up. Use a spoon to fill the jalapenos with the creamy filling. Sprinkle it with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Airfry or Bake for 30 minutes or under the breadcrumbs turn golden brown and the creamy filling is bubbling.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baked
Keywords: game day, superbowl, healthy, thanksgiving, friendsgiving, apps, calorie, appetizer, protein