- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds or cumin seeds
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- A large pinch of salt
- 1 stem of curry leaves
- 1 small spoon of turmeric (approx 1/4 tsp turmeric)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed using the side of a knife
- 1 tbsp red chili powder, or more to taste
- 3 eggs
- Garam Masala
- Chopped Cilantro, for garnish
- Heat up the oil in a saucepan and add in the mustard seeds or cumin seeds. Give that a stir and let it dance around for a minute. Then, add in the chopped onion with a large pinch of salt and sauté until then onions get translucent and very soft. This will be the longest step so take your time, it usually takes around 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add in the curry leaves and chopped tomato. Once again, let this get very soft and break down. Add in the turmeric, crushed whole garlic and red chili powder. Stir and cook for a minute on medium heat. Add in 1/4 cup of water and stir, let this simmer on low until the water evaporates and it looks like the picture in the notes.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and crack in the eggs. To make it higher protein, you add in extra egg whites. Let it set for a minute and then turn the heat up and scramble. Once mostly cook, add a spoonful of garam masala and taste it. Add more salt and garam masala if needed. Finish off with chopped cilantro & enjoy!
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me @eatsbyramya or DM me a picture & let me know how it went!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cuisine: Indian