Many people don’t know this but traditional tiramisu uses raw eggs. So, I’ve played around with an eggless version and it turned out so good! It’s got ladyfingers soaked in coffee, layered with fluffy whipped mascarpone cheese and dusted over with a generous layer of cocoa powder.
Tiramisu is Easy.
I’m a strongly believer that everyone should have a go-to party dessert by they time they turn 22. At some point in your young adult life, you’ll be invited to a party and asked to make something with less than a day’s notice. This 10 Minute Tiramisu is perfect for those occasions. A tiramisu is a decadent dessert layered with espresso-soaked ladyfingers and whipped mascarpone cream, topped off with cocoa powder. Traditionally, the mascarpone cream is made with eggs but I personally prefer to avoid eggs in raw desserts. Since this tiramisu has no eggs, it is blissfully simple for even the most beginner of chefs to follow along.
Breaking Down The Ingredients
Since this Tiramisu is so minimal, it’s important to choose quality ingredients:
- The Coffee : As a lover of all things coffee, I strongly urge you to brew your coffee as strong as possible for this recipe. For my coffee, I brewed a batch of a local blend called Coffee Sheikh in my Bialetti Moka Pot. The Moka Pot is basically a stovetop espresso machine so it brews the coffee strong, but you can also just use a cold brew concentrate or strongly brewed drip coffee.
- Cocoa Powder : I use the Rodella Dark Cocoa Powder or Hershey’s.
- Mascarpone Cheese : If you live in the US, the Bel Gioioso is a great option that I found at my local Walmart, it’s in the Deli or Cheese section.
- LadyFingers : I use the Goya storebought lady fingers which has egg, but if you don’t eat egg you can either buy eggless lady fingers, make eggless lady fingers using a recipe online or use your favorite eggless pound cake or sheet cake.
To Alcohol Or Not To Alcohol
I personally don’t add any alcohol to my Eggless Tiramisu recipe since I bring it to parties. If you would like to add alcohol to your tiramisu, add it to the room temperature coffee and mix before soaking the lady fingers. The most popular options for this recipe is adding some rum or brandy Note that since there is no cooking involved, the alcohol will not cook off so be conscious of quantity if serving to children.Print
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 Slices 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
All the deliciousness of an authentic Tiramisu with none of the mess and none of the eggs! This recipe is designed to be super quick and easy for anyone to make with minimal equipment.
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream cold, right from the fridge
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese must be room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar (use more if you want it sweeter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups strongly brewed coffee or espresso room temperature
- 1 package of 24 Lady Fingers or Eggless sponge cake
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder or enough for dusting
- 2 tbsp Hazelnut Coffee Syrup optional, just for extra flavor
- To a large bowl, add the cream, hazelnut syrup, vanilla extract and sugar. Whip to stiff peaks.
- Add the room temp mascarpone to the bowl and mix with a spatula until just combined.
- Into another shallow bowl, pour in your room temperature coffee (it’s fine if the coffee is cold as well).
- For the Tiramisu assembly, make sure you have an 8×8 baking pan or glass square dish, whipped mascarpone filling, coffee and lady fingers.
- Start with half the lady fingers. Dip each lady finger in the coffee mixture on both sides. You don’t need to soak it for too long but just enough to absorb the coffee. I like to count to 3-4 seconds on each side. Line the lady fingers next to eachother along the bottom of the pan. Break into halves as needed to make it fit.
- Smooth half the mascarpone mixture into an evenish layer.
- Repeat the previous two steps until you have four total layers (lady fingers, mascarpone, lady fingers, mascarpone). Smooth the top layer until it’s completely flat and dust generously with cocoa powder. Let it rest in the refrigerator for 3 hours to overnight.
- Prep Time: 30