This is the ultimate summer cocktail for barbecues and summer nights! This Fruity Mango Sangria pitcher is infused with fresh peaches, oranges and berries to create a fan-favorite, make-ahead cocktail.
Not a fan of mangoes? Try my viral Apple Cider sangria instead!
What You Need
This fresh summer drink is perfect for a day at the poolside. The recipe is simple and the ingredient list is fresh and easy to find!
- Wine: pick out your favorite bottle of white wine or rose. It does NOT have to be expensive! A sangria involves diluting the wine with many flavors so there’s no need to break the bank on an expensive bottle. If you opt for a rose, I love this one.
- Fresh Fruit: select a good variety of fresh fruit. These will infuse the wine with fresh, sweet, and tangy flavors that add lots of dimension. Plus, the sangria-soaked fruit is a tasty treat for you to snack on after!
- Liquor: if what you want is a little stronger, add a splash (or more..) of brandy.
- Juice: the addition of mango juice, sprite, and/or coconut water makes this sweeter. It further dilutes the alcohol, making it a more refreshing summer drink you can have more of!
Tips for the BEST Sangria
Although the recipe seems very straightforward, there are a few steps you can take to make it the most refreshing summer drink!
- Chilling time is KEY: Chilling the sangria allows for the wine to become infused with the fruity, fresh flavors! Cutting down on your chilling time will produce a less balanced and fruity sangria. A minimum of 4 hours is essential, although overnight is amazing.
- Experiment! Adjust your sangria to your personal liking! No matter how closely you follow a recipe, it won’t be something special unless it satisfies your cravings. If you’re going for something more sweet, try adding more mango juice, some simple syrup or Sprite. For more depth, add some contrasting flavors like tangy oranges and sweet blueberries! For something a little stronger, stir in some extra brandy!
How to Make:
Whipping up a pitcher of this refreshing summer drink will take only a few minutes!
- Wash, peel, slice, etc. your fruit and toss into a pitcher.
- Pour in your mango juice, sprite/coconut water, wine, and brandy (optional). Cover pitcher.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours, ideally overnight!
- Serve over ice. Leave some of the sangria-soaked fruit for some garnish and tasty snacking. Add fresh mint when serving as a garnish.
How far ahead of time can you make this?
This cool summer drink can be made up to two days before it needs to be served. Ideally making it 24 hours before serving is perfect! Making it too ahead of time can possibly result in the fruit going bad inside the drink, ruining all of your hard work.
How do I pick the PERFECT wine?
A very expensive wine is not necessary at all. On the other hand, it is important to avoid super cheap wine that has the potential to ruin the taste of your creation altogether. The key to picking out the perfect wine is to pick one that is you enjoy drinking on its own. If it is not, chances are your ingredients won’t enhance the taste, but will result in a distasteful cocktail that does the opposite of refreshing.
What fruit should I use?
Sangria is a very versatile drink. Recipes vary from creator to creator and can call for anything from pineapples to peaches to citrus etc. It’s a tough decision to narrow down your sangria to a few fruits but the key is to choose fruits that have flavors present in your wine. For example, if your wine has hints of strawberries, add some fresh ones to your chilling.Print
This is the ultimate summer cocktail for barbecues and summer nights! This Fruity Mango Sangria pitcher is infused with fresh peaches, oranges and berries to create a fan-favorite, make-ahead cocktail. It is a simple recipe with fresh ingredients that will leave you feeling super refreshed!
- 1 750 ml bottle white wine or rose
- 3 cups mango nectar juice or frooti mango juice
- 1/2 cup sprite (can sub with ginger ale or coconut water)
- 1 orange, thinly sliced into discs
- 1 lime, thinly sliced into discs (optional)
- 1–2 peaches, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick, optional
- Pick ANY 2 : 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 apple sliced, 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup brandy, optional to make it stronger
- fresh mint leaves, for garnish only
- Add all the ingredients except the mint to a pitcher and stir. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight is ideal to get the most infused flavors). I would not recommend anything over 48 hours.
- When serving, make sure to add some of the soaked peaches and fruit to the glass. The sangria soaked peaches and berries are very delicious to snack on. Garnish with fresh mint.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Infusing Time: 4 hours