Nothing makes me nostalgic for winter quite like this NYC Bryant Park Holiday Market Hot Chocolate recipe. It’s so creamy, rich and just as easy to make at home with this homemade hot chocolate topped with my special Cardamom & Cinnamon Whipped Cream.Print
Make the famous NYC Bryant Park Hot Chocolate recipe at home & cozy up with a creamy, rich cup of chocolate bliss.
For the hot chocolate
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- HANDFUL of chopped up chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1–2 tsp sugar, optional and to taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, optional (at the end)
- small pinch salt
Cinnamon Cardamom Whipped Cream
- 2–3 tbsp heavy whipped cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- a bit of vanilla extract
- pinch of ground cardamom (add more to taste)
- pinch of cinnamon (add more to taste)
- First, make the whipped cream. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and beat with a whisk until it turns to whipped cream with stiff peaks (refer to the video). It’ll take a couple minutes. Once it’s whipped set in the fridge until your hot chocolate is done.
- To start, do not turn on the stove. Place a saucepan on the stove and add in the cocoa powder, cornstarch and milk. Use a whisk or spatula to mix really well to make sure there are no lumps.
- Then, add in the chocolate chips, sugar and salt. Now, turn on the stove on medium-low heat and stir continuously, allowing the chocolate to melt completely and come to a simmer. To make it into a mocha, you can add in some instant coffee powder.
- Turn the heat off and add in the vanilla extract. It will thicken as you drink it. It’s ready to serve! Top with the whipped cream.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag @eatsbyramya on Instagram to get entered into the holiday giveaway! If you’re private, make sure to DM a picture instead.
- Cook Time: 10 minutes