What’s not to love about this crunchy granola tossed in a bright orange zest, warming winter spices and tossed with dried fruits & nuts? This is the perfect way to start your morning & makes for a great versatile holiday gift too!
Is Homemade Granola Better?
One thing about buying granola is I can never seem to fid the exact combination I want. The one with the perfect amount of clusters has too many nuts, the one with the perfect combo of nuts has the dried blueberries, etc., Making granola at home eliminates that dilemma and lets you curate your perfect combination. And it does, in fact, taste so much better.
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil + 1/3 Cup Sugar + 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup + 3 Cups Oats + 2 tsp spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.,) + 1 cup nuts (almonds, pecans) + 1 cup dried fruit (cranberries, raisins,…) * = 3 Cups Granola
*optional : add 1 tbsp vanilla extract and fruit zest
Gifting Granola During the Holidays
In December, most of us are on that holiday dessert kick with all the cookies, sweets, chocolate, etc., And so, a lot of people also gift those foods. But once we settle into regular life, these aren’t foods that we eat as often in our main meals. I’m a big fan of gifting things that are more practical for people to use in January, once the holiday feels wear off. Like this granola is timeless and makes for a great breakfast option any time of the year! So it’s less likely to get tossed and more likely to get used in the coming months. Plus, it’ll stand out among all the cookies!Print
Homemade Granola (perfect for Christmas gifts!)
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 3 Cups of Granola 1x
What’s not to love about hearty, crunchy granola tossed in a bright orange zest, warming winter spices and tossed with dried fruits & nuts? It’s perfect for breakfast or a quick snack.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Small pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 Cup dried cranberries (I also like to split it into half chopped dates and half cranberries)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (or more cinnamon)
- Preheat oven or airfryer to 325F. To a large bowl, add the coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds to melt it. Then, add the maple syrup, brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract and orange zest. Mix well to combine.
- Then, add the oats, almonds, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin spice. Mix well with a spatula to evenly coat everything. Spread over a small baking tray and press down if you want clumps of granola at the end.
- Bake/Airfry for 15-20 minutes. Then, add in the dried cranberries, mix well and bake an additional 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool completely until they get crunchy before storing in a container with an airtight lid.
- Prep Time: 0 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes