These M&M cookies are soft and chewy, with a slightly crispy edge and a tender, moist center. If you’re looking to switch it up from the more classic chocolate chip cookie, this can be a colourful twist!
- 3.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.75 cups unsalted butter, let it sit out for 15 minutes (3.5 regular sticks)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1.5 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, right from the fridge
- 2 egg yolks only, right from the fridge
- 2 cup M&Ms (I use 1 cup regular M&Ms + 1 cup mini M&Ms)
- 0.5 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- To a bowl, add the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Use a whisk to mix it all together and put this to the side.
- In a separate bowl, add the butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. It might take a little extra nudging around since the butter is cold.
- Add the 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks to the bowl with the butter. Use the hand mixer to mix for 1 and a half minutes (I usually put a timer).
- Add the bowl with the flour to the bowl with the eggs and butter. Mix until everything is incorporated. Add in M&Ms and chocolate chips, stir to combine. Freeze for 10 minutes or refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Make 1.5-2 tbsp sized balls of cookie dough. Spread them apart on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 14-16 minutes at 350F. Once baked, allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me @eatsbyramya or DM me a picture & let me know how it went!