Spicy Black Bean Dip (Healthy, Vegan and Simple!)
Beginner friendly Black Bean Dip made with minimal ingredients and minimal effort! It’s also very beginner friendly.
The best part about a Superbowl party is… drumroll please… the appetizer table. I could fill up on Superbowl appetizers any day of the week. A little stipulation though, what should I bring to the party? The solution is simple. Whip up a bowl of this black bean dip! Your hosts will notice the effort you put in and it is almost impossible to mess up. It will be gone in seconds so be sure to bring extra! It’s deceivingly simple to make and quite healthy compared to many other dips and appetizers. There is just something about dipping food into a unique blend of flavors.
If you are one of those people that avoids sporting events, make this dip for movie night! If you are looking for something to add to a menu as an appetizer or even just a quick snack, this is the recipe for you. It will become a comfort food that you will whip up for a snack on a lazy Sunday afternoon. It’s creamy, has a bit of a tang, and is a great addition to any appetizer platter. You’ll love this recipe and how easy it is to whip right up in a few minutes. Let’s dip in… pun intended.
Why You Need To Make It
I had a whole speech prepared about why my Black Bean Dip recipe is perfect for your next party. But, I don’t want to take up too much of your time. So, here are a few of my main points:
- It really will not take you a long time to make. At most, it will take ten minutes.
- Most of the required ingredients are things you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Everyone loves the person who brings the dip!
Making this Vegan Black Bean Dip is truly sooooo easy!
What You Will Need
This dip is not the step-by-step kind that takes up hours of your time. It is a simple throw everything into the blender recipe. This is one of those panic-and-cook recipes that you make when you realize you do not have anything to take to a party. The ingredients are things that you most likely have in your kitchen. If not, you could find them at any local grocery store. You’ll need:
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- Salsa of Choice
- Jalapenos or Chipotle Peppers
- Fresh Garlic
- Lime Juice
- Minced Cilantro
- Taco Seasoning
A great way to enhance the flavor of this dip is by using homemade taco seasoning. Taco seasoning is a harmonic union of spices that you probably already have floating around in your kitchen. The best thing about making it at home is that you have an opportunity to add your own twist to it. You can personalize it according to your unique tastes which, in my opinion, is your perfect secret ingredient. For me, that secret ingredient involves a dash of cinnamon. It adds a crisp warmth to the seasoning which goes a long way when added to any recipe!Print
Beginner friendly Black Bean Dip made with minimal ingredients and minimal effort!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of Black Beans (Standard 15.5 oz)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño peppers, halved with seeds for extra spice
- 1 Chipotle Peppers from the Can, optional
- Pinch of Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from one lime, plus more if desired
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1.5 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Drain the black beans and pour into a microwave safe container, Microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a blender. With a blender, it will become completely smooth like hummus without any chunkiness.
- Pulse for 10 seconds at a time. Add in 1 tbsp of water as needed to allow the dip to blend. I usually add up to 4 tbsp. Remember, you want the dip to remain thick and creamy.
- To serve cold, just garnish with chopped tomatoes, chopped jalapenos, chopped cilantro and cotija cheese. To serve warm, microwave of bake until warm. Garnish and serve with chips!
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mexican